Showing 1 - 10 of 17 posts found matching keyword: scarlett
Saturday 20 November 2021
Thursday 18 November 2021
Today we put down my father's 7-year-old poodle Scarlett because we discovered that cancer had eaten her liver. She'd been lethargic for the past week, had stopped eating, and at the last, her skin and eyes turned yellow. But she didn't complain. She wasn't that kind of dog.
Scarlett's last haircut, Oct 5, 2021
Scarlett loved chasing squirrels, walkies (especially when she was stalking a squirrel), belly rubs, and escaping through open gates to chase the squirrels who wouldn't stay inside her fence, probably in that order.
Scarlett wasn't my dog, but she kind of was. And I miss her. Even the trouble.
Comments (2)| Leave a Comment | Tags: dad death dogs family poodles scarlett
Wednesday 20 October 2021
Saturday 16 October 2021
I had to change the latch to our picket fence gate because Scarlett learned that she could put one paw on the handle and push to let herself out of the yard.
My irritation at having to track down a muddy escaped poodle was tempered by my appreciation that she learned how to escape just from watching us come and go.
Never underestimate a determined poodle.
Tuesday 12 October 2021
- Awoke to a call to repair a broken door at our commercial rental property
- Bent the jack on my aunt's new lawnmower trailer as I was swapping her two trailers
- Smashed my thumb with a sledgehammer while trying to "repair" said jack
- Nearly wrecked my car changing lanes in front of a tiny Smart car on the way to the hospital
- Visited Dad in the hospital to find him once again weak and confused (he was readmitted on Saturday because he couldn't breathe well... and he still can't breathe well)
- Failed to properly latch the gate and allowed Dad's poodle Scarlett to escape my yard
- Struck in the eye by a falling acorn
- Watched Matt Amodio lose on Jeopardy!
That was my Monday. I don't think I'll be getting out of bed on Tuesday. I don't want to find out what falling thing hits me in the eye next. It'd probably be a plane.
Sunday 10 October 2021
Tuesday 30 July 2019
Sunday 14 July 2019
What? I skipped a post again? Dammit.
In my defense, I've been busy these past few days. As you know, I've been supervising Dad's medications and dog-sitting Rambo and Scarlett (and trying to make July not jealous). Also, there have been issues with our commercial rental property, including an AC failure and an (unrelated) fallen tree that damaged the roof and destroyed the gutter over the back door that has a bad tendency to flood. Add to those that I have an end-of-July deadline on a coding project. And I helped one friend build some shelves and another fix her cable system. And my own ISP was down for most of Friday and Saturday. And I've been trying to find time to write more. And and and and.
But that's all just excuses.
On the up side, I did just recently discover that my phone takes great panoramic photos, a feature which I have been using exclusively to take photos of clouds.
So that's good. And that's enough.
Wednesday 20 March 2019
Thursday 28 February 2019